Saturday, May 14, 2011

Going Back to Work

You'd think with a 3 week break from school and work I would have kept this thing updated a little better, but sadly my life hasn't been all that exciting.  I was so used to having such a busy schedule that 3 week break almost drove me crazy!  Luckily my brother and sister-in-law came for a visit during the first week.  After they left, I started on one of my summer projects/year goals ... making a quilt.  I had never made a quilt before so this was going to be an adventure.  I started looking for patterns online and found this really cute pattern here.   I had my sister-in-law help me pick out the fabric for my quilt before they left and spent the next 4 days cutting out all of my pieces and sewing them together.  I was glad because it gave me something productive to do and not to mention it was turning out to be stinkin cute! Here's a picture of the center piece...


I know, I know it's blue, but I did throw a little bit of yellow in there too.  It's still getting quilted right now and I still have to sew on the binding but I will be sure to post pictures when it's completely finished. 

Although making a quilt has been fun, I can't wait to finally go back to work on Monday, not only will it give me a regular weekly routine again, but I'll be getting a steady income again... YAY!  I just hope I'm not scheduled on Sundays again last year so I actually get a chance to go to church for once.  I just hope I'm on a good crew this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment